Town Hall Meeting: 8.5 Reasons You'll Want to be There
Impact Austin's Town Hall Meeting is coming up on November 14! Registration is open now!
We have 8.5 great reasons that YOU will want to attend!
1) It's an Impact Austin tradition! Town Hall Meeting has been an Impact Austin signature event since March, 2009. Until 2017, Impact Austin Town Hall Meetings were focused on our organization's internal matters - how to engage as a volunteer, how to get involved with grant review, how to join the Board of Directors, how to be a financially viable nonprofit, etc. But the 2017 Town Hall Meeting changed that pattern, bringing inspiration and philanthropy education to this Signature Event through 2020. Keynote speakers and topics included:
2017 - Caroline Miller, author of Getting Grit: The Evidence-Based Approach to Cultivating Passion, Perseverance, and Purpose
2018 - Jessica Honegger, founder of Noonday Collection and author of Imperfect Courage: Live a Life of Purpose by Leaving Comfort and Going Scared
2019 - "The Changing Face of Philanthropy" featured nationally-renowned experts on women's giving, Dianne Chips Bailey (Bank of America) and Andrea Pactor (Women's Philanthropy Institute)
2020 virtual Town Hall included nationally-recognized leaders in Trust-Based Philanthropy, Pia Infante and Dimple Abichandani
And for 2023........
2) We'll be joined by Keynote Speaker Sara Lomelin, founding CEO of Philanthropy Together.
Philanthropy education will be on the agenda with Sara's inspirational words about the growing collective giving movement. A self-proclaimed philanthropy disruptor, Sara has traveled the world speaking about the power of collective giving at high-profile conferences and events, including TED 2022 where she delivered her talk, "Your Invitation to Disrupt Philanthropy." Recently, Sara was named to Forbes’ 50 Over 50: Impact List. You can learn more about Philanthropy Together here.
3) Your friends will be there - including those you haven't met before! The social hour from 5:00-6:00 allows for sips and nibbles, handshakes and hugs, and lots of photos! Please be sure to capture photo memories with your committee, your friends, and the member you've just met! Your photos help to tell Impact Austin's story through our website and social media.
4) This is the perfect opportunity to introduce a potential member to Impact Austin! In one evening, she will understand the camaraderie among members, the value in collective giving, and the amazing work our Community Partners accomplish with Impact Austin investment.
5) A fabulous raffle prize awaits you. Numerous donors have contributed gifts and experiences that will be packaged into a mega prize for one lucky raffle winner. Who wouldn't love spa treatments, a hotel stay, wine tasting, UT sports tickets, a Consuela bag, and more?
6) Hear the results of our 2023 Member Survey and how they will guide Impact Austin's new Strategic Plan. Thanks to all members who contributed feedback over the summer.
7) The venue is Temple Beth Shalom, and it feels like home. So many Impact Austin events have been at this comfortable, welcoming space with lots of easy, guarded parking. It's in Northwest Austin at the Dell Jewish Community Campus.
8) It's a big night for Grants! We'll learn the outcomes of past grants. Video reports will be shared from Mainspring Schools (2021 Education Grant), Yellow Bike Project (2022 Community Grant), Austin Soundwaves (2022 Education Grant), and The Dream Come True Foundation (2022 Education Grant). We'll award four new grants totaling $158,400. Electronic votes submitted by November 9 will determine primary and secondary Community Partners in the Equity and Health & Well-Being focus areas.
8.5) You'll be there as we surpass $8.5 million in grants made in our beloved Central Texas!
Register today! Early-bird pricing is in effect through October 30.
Last day to register is November 6.