Top 10 Reasons to Attend Discovery Day: New (later) Date! New Agenda! New Location! New Knowledge!
Discovery Day is less than a month away and we are gearing up for an exciting educational experience. You won’t want to miss this opportunity to start off 2020 with 250 other women who are ready to make a meaningful impact together in Central Texas! Here’s what you need to know to plan your day:
Saturday, January 25, 2020
8:00 AM - 12:00 PM (with pop-up Zone lunches following)
St. Edward's University, 3001 South Congress Ave, Austin, TX 78704
Ragsdale Center, 3rd Floor, Mabee Ballroom
Top 10 Reasons you’ll want to attend – and bring a guest:
10. Be one of the first to hear a public presentation from Dr. Edward B. Burger in his new role as president and CEO of St. David’s Foundation (after serving as president of Southwestern University).
9. Be inspired by engaging panel discussions and Dr. Burger’s keynote, informing Impact Austin members and guests about community needs in Central Texas as well as exciting new trends in philanthropy.
8. Take advantage of the final opportunity to #JoinImpactAustin: Discovery Day is right before the cutoff for 2020 membership, so you can renew that day if you haven’t already.
7. Step up your involvement and impact by exploring a board position during an early morning information session before the regular program starts. This optional presentation is for members interested in service on the Board of Directors.
6. Get acclimated at an optional orientation session for new members (offered concurrently with the Board of Directors information session).
5. Explore St. Edward’s University. If you’ve never been there before, this is your chance to visit one of Austin’s higher education gems.
4. Dive into Diversity Equity & Inclusion (DEI) in philanthropy as three Impact Austin members, Lav Chintapall and Kim Davis, Diversity Equity Inclusion (DEI) Committee Co-Chairs, and Alice Marsel, DEI Training Committee member, present “The Mission Case for DEI and Philanthropy.”
3. Learn about community needs during a panel discussion by Community Partner representatives moderated by Impact Austin Grantmaking and Strategic Partnerships Chair Becky Austen.
2. Invest in your community. The guest fee of $35 will be applied to the 2020 membership if guests join during Discovery Day, so encourage your non-member friends to join you!
1. Make new friends. Each Zone will offer a pop-up lunch immediately following Discovery Day. Zone members are encouraged to carpool to Discovery Day and to lunch following.
Don’t forget to invite a friend and register. We’ll see you there!