December 03, 2018 - Impact Through Involvement, Membership, Save the Date
Discovery Day is one of Impact Austin’s don’t miss, signature events! If you’ve never been before, you’re in for a dynamic, energetic, interesting morning. Here are 10 reasons why you should attend Discovery Day on Saturday, January 12, 2019 from 8 am – noon.
1. Learn. Discovery Day is a great opportunity to learn about the most pressing gaps experienced by those who are most in need in Central Texas and current efforts in the community to address these gaps.
2. Connect. Meet women who share your passion for understanding and solving local problems. You’ll get to interact with veteran, as well as new and prospective Impact Austin members, in a lively, not-too-formal setting.
3. Be Inspired. Two panels of experts on the front lines of philanthropy in Austin will discuss their important work in the field of philanthropy.
4. Inform Your Research. Apply important knowledge and research gleaned from panelists to your votes for community partners when you serve on a grant review committee.
5. Celebrate. Help showcase what Impact Austin stands for now and where we are headed by participating in Impact Austin’s commitment to diversity, inclusiveness, and equity.
6. Be Impressed. Hear from this year’s keynote speaker, Toya Cirica Bell, the 2017-2018 Leadership Austin board chair who has been recognized for her career and community accomplishments by the Austin Business Journal as a Profile in Power.
7. Avoid Saturday Morning Chores. With panel presentations to keep the discussion interesting and the agenda moving quickly, the morning will fly by and you will leave with new friends, new information, and an enhanced passion for philanthropy.
8. Delight In Downtown. Grab some Impact Austin friends and have a fun lunch after the event in Austin’s lively downtown.
9. Find Fulfillment. If you’re a prospective Impact Austin member looking for a way to make meaningful difference in your community, Discovery Day will help you understand the power of women and collective giving—and make you want to be a part of it!
10. Meet Our New Executive Director. If you haven’t already met the wonderful Christina Gorczynski, this is a great chance to see her in action as she welcomes participants, moderates a panel, and mingles with members and prospective members.
Click here to register for Discovery Day!